Annerley Community Hub is a community development program in Annerley and surrounding suburbs. We aim to build strong and active communities through connecting people and initiating, supporting and resourcing community projects and activities.
In February 2015, we opened Annerley Community Hub. Two part-time workers work alongside local residents, community groups, organisations and businesses. You can find us upstairs at Centrelife, 556 Ipswich Road, Annerley.
Some of our current activities and projects include:
- Free computer access and telephone – available Tuesday 9:00am – 12:00pm, Wednesday & Thursday 12:00pm – 4:00pm.
- Information about current community events, accessing support and opportunities to get involved in the local area.
- ‘Small Change Cafe’ with coffees, drinks and cakes with payment by donation.
- Affordable meeting space to local community groups, organisations and businesses.
- Community garden.
- Coordinating community festivals and markets.
- Seeking funding for community-led projects.
- Supporting and promoting groups such as Annerley-Stephens History Group, Annerley Junction Traders Association, Annerley Community English Classes and the Junction Yarn Jammers.
Need a hand?
We can link you in with different activities, services and community connections. Please visit us between Tuesday 9:00am – 12:00pm, Wednesday & Thursday 12:00pm – 4:00pm, or give us a call on 3255 9982.
Got a great idea that will benefit the community?
Contact us to see how we can support you – whether through helping to promote your activity, assistance with grant writing or offering meeting space.
See the Weekend Notes review of our Small Change Cafe.