We’re here to link you in with local activities, events, resources and support systems. Whether you’d like to learn to knit, join a community garden, find support for personal issues, promote your community project or volunteer in your community – it all starts here with your local neighbourhood centre!
Community Plus+ creates welcoming and active spaces where people can meet their neighbours, access support, and work together to create positive change in their community. We do this by linking and resourcing local residents, community groups, schools and businesses.
Please browse our website to find out more, give us a call or visit one of our centres which are open to the public during the week. We look forward to meeting you!
Wednesday 12-2 The Chatroom @ Annerley Bookshop
West End Community House
9:00am-1:00pm Monday-Thursday (phone service 1.30-3.30)
9:00 -12:00 Friday
Yeronga Community Centre
- Learn something new in a friendly environment: regular activities include computer classes, craft, community gardening and English classes. Visit our Program guide for more information.
- Meet new people though local groups and events such as community breakfasts, playgroups, local history, seniors events, festivals and more.
- Community development training and community processes. This includes working together with local residents, community groups, schools and businesses on key projects and issues.
- Volunteer opportunities including day to day activities such as research, as well as for activities such as community breakfasts, playgroups and community art groups;
- Affordable community meeting spaces are available for hire together with including spaces in each of the centres venues such as the historic West End Croquet Club (formerly South Brisbane Croquet Club)