Community Plus+ is a community development organisation in Brisbane’s innersouth. We work across three centres – Annerley Community Hub, West End Community House and Yeronga Community Centre – to strengthen communities in our local area.
We’re here to link you in with local activities, events, resources and support systems. Whether you’d like to learn to knit, join a community garden, find support for personal issues, promote your community project or volunteer in your community – it all starts here with your local neighbourhood centre!
Community Plus+ create welcoming and active spaces where people can meet their neighbours, access support and work together to create positive change in their community. We do this by linking and resourcing local residents, community groups, schools and businesses.
Please browse our website to find out more, give us a call or visit one of our centres. We look forward to meeting with you!
Each centre is open to the public during the week. Opening hours:
Annerley Community Hub
West End Community House
9:00am-1:00pm Monday-Thursday (until 3:00pm for phone appointments)
Yeronga Community Centre
9:00am-1:00pm Monday-Thursday (or by appointment)
Diverse activities include:
- Learn something new in a friendly environment: regular activities include computer classes, craft, community gardening and English classes. Visit our What’s On guide for more information.
- Meet new people though local groups and events such as community breakfasts, playgroups, local history, seniors events, festivals and more.
- Community development training and community processes. This includes working together with local residents, community groups, schools and businesses on key projects and issues.
- Volunteer opportunities including day to day activities such as research, as well as for activities such as community breakfasts, playgroups and community art groups;
- Affordable community meeting spaces are available for hire together with including spaces in each of the centres venues such as the historic West End Croquet Club (formerly South Brisbane Croquet Club)