Community Connection & Belonging Project
The Community Connection & Belonging Project is a local initiative providing housing support and linking people with diverse life experiences to create inclusive communities in the neighbourhoods of Annerley, Moorooka, Rocklea and Yeronga.
The project was conceived in partnership between Annerley Baptist Church, Community Plus+ and Brisbane City Council, after noticing an increase in homelessness in Annerley, Yeronga and surrounding suburbs.
We want everyone living in our local neighbourhoods, including those experiencing housing insecurity, homelessness and isolation to feel like valued members of our community.
The project achieves this through:
- Housing support by appointment every week
- Community Lunch (Mondays 12.30 pm – 1.30 pm excluding public holidays)
- Community Meetings (Mondays after lunch)
- Walking Group (Mondays 11.15 am – 12.30 pm)
- Community Lounge (Wednesdays 10.00 am – 12.00 pm)
We are seeking community members to join the project as Community Connectors to provide support and connection to those experiencing insecure housing or homelessness.
There are other ways to contribute as well – if this has sparked your interest then please contact us on 0428 960 676 or .